Saturday 2 May 2015

First days at work

First day at work! We met at our company Hostal. In total arrived 8 people for a first training. Paul and Okan welcomed us kindly and the first mentioned explained everything what we should know about the company. We get to know each other a little. I met the nice and friendly man Yannick. On Wednesday was another meeting and we carried on training. This time we practised our speech with people. We even made a draft, so we have like a standard pattern ready, but it was not until Thursday that we started to work on the beach. We were grouped in pairs and the first one for me was Matt from England. Typical English lad with a funny mustache in a Salvador Dali style. haha He is a nice person, but as he hasn't been trained he was not prepared to explain the product which we were selling - a boat party, trip to Formentera, pool party and BBQ. After work Yannick invited me to their apartment and we were chilling there with other workers. We decided to do a BBQ and it was here where I for the first time tried Hierbas Ibicencas. They are delicious! Many of my friend set off to Bora Bora Beach Club late evening and I headed home. On Friday another team and another opportunities. This time I was assigned to Deny. He was in Ibiza last summer for a month, so it was nice and easy to work with him, but we haven't sold any tickets as it was the 1st of May. On the beach were a lot of Spanish enjoying a day off, Erasmus students who came for a few days to enjoy themselves and noone else who would be leaving after Sunday. At least we were invited for a party to jet apartments by Erasmus students :)))
We played cards, drunk sangria and later a lot of people came to the apartment and everyone started to drink more and dance and sing. We painted our faces and all of them headed to Space. Me and my friend went home as we had work the next day. Anyway, was fun to party with all the Erasmus. A lot of nice people there.
On Saturday I worked with Fauve. We sold an amazing amount of tickets, 11 of them, which gave us a very good salary in the end of the day. Top score so far! After work we were asked by our manager to load all equipment and all stuff necessary on a boat. Most of us agreed, however we didn't expect it would take us all evening to do that. We've finished after 8pm, and the shift finished at 5pm... Luckily enough I managed to do something in the late evening. I went with my friend to some religious meeting. They meet and sing songs, play guitar, talk and pray. The last one is not something that I do every day, but I respect people who do that. All in all it is always good to meet some people and see how they live.
Sunday on the beach I spent with Daniele (her first name is something else, but it is unfortunately very difficult to remember). The day was very calm, but we managed to sell few tickets. Happy times. In the evening I went for a walk on my local beach to relax and watch the moon. I met there one of my managers enjoying his time with a 5 years old daughter and his ex who live in Belgium. Really nice people and great that have time to spend with their child like family.

No comments:

Post a Comment